Welcome to Twitter

Today I did something that I vowed I would never do. I created a Twitter account. However, I also once said that I would never get facebook, but I have found that my facebook is a great way to keep in touch and encourage other people. I once said, "I will never go to Harding University", and now it is one of my favorite places in the world. I also said I'd never get a tattoo...just kidding, I plan to keep that promise for now! But I've done many things that I said I'd never do, so you just never know.

I tend to make plans and promises that I cannot assure that I will keep. I have to be careful about what I say I will or will not do because God's plans for me are often different than my own. When it comes down to the bottom of the matter, I definitely want God's plan for my life to trump the plans I have already made for myself.

James 4:13-15 says, "Now listen, you who say, 'Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.' Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, 'If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.'”

I believe that one of the greatest blessings is found in surrendering your plans for your life to God. Instead of saying "I will always do this..." or "I will never do that...", allow the Lord determine your steps. He knows what is absolutely best for us, and when we give Him control over our futures, He will lead us in the right direction one step at a time.

Whether your future is completely unknown or whether you have it all planned out, choose to listen to the Lord. When you do, "your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” (Isaiah 30:21)

Thank you, Lea, for sharing the Scripture from James with me. You encourage me so much. And thank you, Twitter, for helping me get the word out about this blog. To follow me on Twitter and get updates when I post to my blog, click on the Twitter Follow button in the right margin of this page.

Comments