An Invitation to Pray

In less than 6 hours, I will be rolling out of bed, lugging my suitcase out to the car, and then boarding my 5:45 AM flight for Nicaragua. This makes my fourth trip to Jinotega, Nicaragua, to work with Mision Para Cristo. I keep going back in order to find the piece of my heart that I left there the very first time.

I keep going back because I feel the gentle tug on my heart for mission work. I believe more and more every day that God's calling on my life involves foreign missions someway, somehow. I also keep going back because God teaches me something new about Himself every time I go. I have made precious friendships down there that I cannot wait to rekindle and hopefully deepen to a more spiriutal level. I also go because I love the daily agenda of serving others. I wake up every day with only one thing on my to-do list: love and serve others in the name of Jesus Christ. Living like that makes me feel alive, like I'm finally doing the very thing I was created to do.

As I travel to Nicaragua tomorrow and live there for the following month, I invite you to pray for me and the team that works in Jinotega. It would mean the world to me if you would commit to praying for me, the missionary team, and the people of Nicaragua every day for the next month. Here are some specific things to pray for:

~ Pray that God would open our eyes to see how He is working and be able to join Him. Pray that our eyes would see the physical and spiritual needs of the people and be able to meet them while pointing to God as the source.

~ Pray that God would be exalted, magnified, glorified, and lifted high above all else. Pray that He will be better known and more famous!

~ Pray for the Nicaraguan hearts to be softened. Pray that they will recognize their need for a personal relationship with Jesus and desire it passionately.

~ Pray that I will have personal strength, energy, joy, and passion to follow the Spirit wherever He leads and to obey God's voice.

~ Pray for unity among our team and workers so that not only will good work be done, but that Jesus' name may be mentioned, glorified, and ultimately accepted and loved by the people we serve.

Thank you for praying over me and the people in Nicaragua. I truly believe that God has big things in store for us. Greater things have yet to come and greater things are still to be done in this city. Your prayers mean a lot to me, but I know that the power really comes from the God who hears and promises to answer. I thank Him most of all for loving me, saving me, forgiving me, and inviting me to join Him in His work that He is already doing in Nicaragua. I humbly go, offering my heart and body as a living sacrifice for His renown.

Comments