If a Picture is Worth a Thousand Words

"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."
Ephesians 2:10

I have always loved this Scripture, but it has taken on a new meaning for me as I have spent the month here in Jinotega. I always believed that God had a plan for me (a future for me with special works for me to do) but being here has brought specificity to this verse because I finally understand what those works are.

When I am working, serving, and loving God here, I feel an indescribable joy - a joy that I know comes only from the Lord. It is here that I feel alive, like I am doing the very thing that I was made to do. As I read Ephesians 2:10, I know what those works are that God has prepared in advance for me to do. This is it! What I am doing here on the mission field is what God has prepared me to do. That verse is no longer a general "good-feeling" Scripture, it is a specific lifestyle that I now understand applies directly to me.

If a picture is worth a thousand words, then I will let these images speak for themselves.



Building the house at San Antonio



The completed Casa at San Antonio



Serving the ladies at Casa Materna (This day we did makeovers!)
 
Playing with the children during the mobile medical clinic at San Gregorio

Face painting at VBS



Giving new shoes to the children at the house we are building

Praise God for this joy! There is excitement in knowing that He has a calling for each and every one of our lives, and my joy is exploding because I have found it. I cannot express how amazed I am at Him - His presence throughout the entire world, His amazing works on behalf of man, His intimate love and desire for us, and His kindness and generosity toward us. I must testify that we serve one awesome God!

Comments