Beautiful Lengths

After twelve months of waiting, all that washing, drying, and brushing finally paid off. Yesterday was big day for me because I hadn't cut my hair in a whole year! But let me tell you, it was worth the wait in order to give eight inches of my hair as a donation to Pantene's program, Beautiful Lengths. (www.beautifullengths.com)

I can't express how excited I was to finally get a haircut! Plus, it was that much more thrilling to know that my hair wouldn't be swept away, but given away. It is my hope and prayer that such a simple gift of eight inches will bring beauty and blessing to someone's life.
Here's the before...

And the after! (with my beautiful mom!)


All the excitement of yesterday's haircut taught me a little lesson in giving. When I normally think about giving, the first thing that comes to my mind is money. But yesterday reminded me that I have much more to give - my time, my love, my encouragement, my resources, my energy, even my hair. How easy it is to be a generous giver when you think of it that way! It makes me wonder - what could I give away today that would bless, encourage, or uplift someone else? Maybe a few kind words, a phone call, or a little bit of my time or energy is all I have to give, but with the heart of a cheerful giver, it will make a difference!

Comments