God's Story

This is an excerpt from chapter one of a book I'm writing and hoping to publish. The book is titled Boundless: Discovering God in Your Eating Disorder.

“My grace is enough for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”
2 Corinthians 12:9-10

I have a weakness, and it’s for the glory of God. I am so blessed and thankful to be able to share the story of my weakness with you, not to emphasize my own accomplishment, but to exalt the magnificence of God. My weakness is not something I was able to boast about for a long time because of the shame that accompanied it. But now, by the riches of God’s grace, I see that my weakness is not intended to highlight my own goodness, but to reflect the greatness and glory of God.
I want to share that same hope with you. I relate to your struggle with an eating disorder and all the stresses that come along with it. But I also know that we serve a God who is so much bigger than any battle we face. He has such a great plan for you in this time of your life that you can’t begin to comprehend it. The year that I battled an eating disorder was the greatest year of my life. I never would have dreamed that God would do so many great things in such difficult circumstances. He taught me to pray, to love His Word, and to depend on Him for absolutely everything. He showed me that He is all I need, and that He can use my weakness to demonstrate His strength. I experienced God in new ways, and today I am more in love with Him than ever before. I am fully confident that He has great things in store for you, too. It is my prayer that as you read this book, you will enter into a deeper and more personal relationship with God. May the words of these pages be a simple guide into the start of an adventure with Him.
I would like to tell you a little bit of my story, except that it is really God’s story. Without God, I would be nothing. This is a story about the Lord, and how He took a girl with an eating disorder and used her story for His glory. My story is really a chapter in God’s story, which tells of the amazing and incomprehensible amount of love and grace that He has in store for His children who trust in Him.
Keep reading more of this chapter on my next post!

Comments