Over and Over Again

Bring out the balloons, the cake, the fun, and the games because we are celebrating birthdays tonight! My friend, Rachel, turned five years old today, and I turned eight this past Wednesday. These birthdays are even better than our actual biological birthdays - they are our spiritual birthdays, the dates that we gave our hearts over to the Lord. Normally, your birthday is all about you, but this birthday party is all about the Lord. We are having a grand celebration, not to honor us or our decisions, but to praise God for His invitation, salvation, and relationship with us!

On February 23, 2003, I embarked on an adventure with the Lord that has brought me today to this place of great celebration. When people ask me to share my testimony or tell when I became a believer, I often point to this date as my "spiritual birthday." However, I am realizing that it is hard to pinpoint the day that I really fell in love with Jesus. Sometimes I think I fell in love when I was baptized, but then I say that it wasn't until I had an eating disorder that I truly began to love Jesus wholeheartedly. But then again, I really fell in love with Him last semester...but I fell head over heals just last week. The point is that Jesus' love is a pursuit; it cannot be marked by time because it is a continual invitation and manifestation. I am reminded of the song that says, "I keep falling in love with Him over and over and over and over again."

In that sense, maybe every day is worth celebrating.

February 23 definitely marked a significant step in my love relationship with the Lord, and I joyfully celebrate what God has done in my life these past eight years. Yet at the same time, I beleive that He has been drawing me closer to Him since the day I was born. His love is just that constant and continuous.  

How is He pursuing you right now in your life? Dig deep and you will see something more; you will find His love chasing after you, inviting you to be in personal relationship with Him. Just keep "falling in love with Him over and over and over and over again."

Comments