Unconditional Love

God knew just what I needed when I showed up at Mrs. Lisa's Bible study tonight. Honestly, I went out of habit. Since I have been attending and enjoying Mrs. Lisa's home Bible study for quite some time, I got in the car and drove to her house without really thinking about it. It's Wednesday night, and that's just what I do. However, when I got there, the Lord was waiting to meet me right where I was spiritually. I am embarrassed to say that I walked through the door not expecting to have a significant spiritual experience, but I am overjoyed to say that I left that same door with a new heart. It reminded me that I should always expect God to do great things, so my eyes should always be open to see something more.

The devotional tonight brought tears to my eyes, broke my heart, and renewed my passion all at the same time. And when I think about it, the message was so simple. The speaker talked about how unconditional God's love is, yet how conditional our love is to Him and to others. In a most encouraging tone, she encouraged us young women to love unconditionally, just like God loves us. Isn't that something that we have heard a million times? But for some reason, those words sank down deep into my heart as I realized how badly I want that unconditional love.

In Nicaragua this summer, I lived face to face with love that had no bounds. I have never experienced such unconditional love as with my brothers and sisters in Christ down there. When I returned to the States, I was passionate about living out that unconditional love. Harder said than done. I received so much unconditional love from the Nicaraguans that it naturally flowed right back to them. Yet back home in Arkansas, the devil tried to rob me of my joy and passion by making me actually feel unloved, which made it feel impossible to love unconditionally in return. So tonight, as I listened to the devotional speaker encourage us to love unconditionally, it reminded me of the Nicaraguans. It reminded me that God's unconditional love is enough to enable me to love unconditionally in return. As my heart broke and tears flowed, God reminded me how much He loved me and how that love overflows within me into the lives of others, no matter how they love me in the first place.

Can I tell you something that is powerfully moving within my heart?

You are loved!

God loves you unconditionally - that means that His love does not rely on what you do. He loves you with an everlasting love, a merciful love, a holy love. He lavishes you with that amazing love and calls you His child. His love is so great that it can fill you to the brim...no, it can fill you over the brim. Because of His awesome love filling you up, you have the ability to overflow with unconditional love to the people around you.

That's what God shared with me tonight, and it touched me so much that I couldn't help but share it with you.

You are so greatly loved.

Comments