God's Will in Bloom

One of my favorite things about God's Word is that you can read a part that you have read a million times before and discover something new and exciting that you have never seen before! Just this week, I read Isaiah 53, which is one of the famous Old Testament prophesies about Jesus. You may have heard some of its verses before: "He was pierced for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities," or "by His wounds we are healed." When I read this chapter this week, I caught a verse that may be less famous, but just as powerful.

"And the will of the Lord will prosper in his hand."
(Isaiah 53:10)

When I think about Jesus, I realize that He is the perfect example of someone who let the will of God prosper in His hand. Jesus reached out to God's will, but He didn't just hold onto it, He opened His hands and let it prosper. He didn't just seek God's will and find it, He then reached out to humanity with God's will by having compassion on them, touching them, healing them, leading them, and offering them hope.

Sometimes I just hold onto God's will with a clenched fist, not really opening my hands to allow it to prosper. Like a tool that God has placed in my palms, His will is useless unless I open my hands and use it to glorify Him. I don't just want to know God's will; I don't just want to hold God's will; I want to open my hands and let God's will prosper, flourish, thrive, bloom, and bring glory to God.

Lord, may your will prosper in our hands.


Comments