The World's Greatest Social Club

The colorful clothes and costumes, silly chants and songs, late-night parties, and crazy demonstrations of enthusiasm are only a few of the exciting things on campus during the week of social club inductions. This year, I am only an observer. At first, I was thankful that I didn't have to participate in the late night activites, not do I have to complete the ridiculous requirements of joining a social club on campus. However, the more I see the creative costumes, colorful signs, and fun gatherings, I begin to feel a little bit left out. I want to be crazy, too! I want to wear club colors, sing club songs, and most of all, be a part of something bigger than myself. But I wasn't invited, so I wear normal clothes in a sea of colors. I study in my dorm room, listening to the chants ringing outside my open window.

I have nothing against social clubs, and I don't think there is anything wrong with joining one, but the Lord reminded me of something this week through the whole club process. Now everytime I see a club gathering or hear a club song, I think about the greatest "social club" ever. It's more of a kingdom really, and everyone is invited. The king is Jesus, and I belong to Him because He chose me. I wear His name, participate in His events, and take pride in His kingdom! This week, His word has been in my mind, His song in my heart, and His banner waving over my heart. It is my goal to strengthen the reputation of His kingdom, so that more people may enter into it! It is not exclusive, but offers grace and love to all who are interested! No matter who you are, whether you are in a social club on campus or not, you can belong to this kingdom! This week, I'm pledging my heart to Jesus, and I'm going crazy for Him!

Comments