Sweet Season of Change and Beauty

I love the time of year when the cool weather transforms the leaves into deep shades of red, yellow, and orange that illuminate in the sunlight. When you look up at the leaves from below, the sun shines through them like a stain glass window. I love hanging all my colorful sweaters in the closet and then carefully choosing which one to wear on each crisp autumn afternoon. I can almost smell the cool air as I take a deep breath, and I can feel the warmth of a scarf snuggled up to my cold nose. I love the smell of pumpkin pie, apple cider, and my favorite "sweet cinnamin pumpkin" candle that my mom bought just for me. During the fall, I'll take every opportunity to get outside, even if it is a simple trip to the grocery store. (Which means I can grab several bags of candy corn to last me all year round!) The season of fall makes me feel at home and at peace, but it also fills me with energy and excitement, like the leaves that twirl through the air with the dancing of the breeze. My heart beats with anticipation for the coming of fall, and when it arrives, I want it to never end. The crisp and chilly weather, comforting smells, and colorful beauty make my heart vibrant with life.

Fall reminds me of the exhilerating love of our Lord, who holds all creation in His mighty hands. Every time I feel the crisp fall breeze play in my hair, I am reminded that He orchestrates the seasons of creation and the seasons of my life. Every time I see a little yellow leaf float to the ground, I remember that He knows me and cares about me no matter how small I am. Though fall is a time of change, it is a time of refreshing beauty, which testifies to the faithfulness of God to bring color and richness to my weary spirit.

No wonder I love autumn so much. Through the colors, He speaks; through the wind, He moves; and through the changing season, He reminds me of how faithful and beautiful He is.

Comments