Love Storm

It always amazes me how God knows exactly what I need, and He always gives it to me right when I need it! It rained all day today, and every drop reminded me of how vast God's storehouse of blessing really is. There is no way I can comprehend all that He has in store for His children, but maybe if I open my hand, I will catch a few drops of His glory and goodness! I'm experiencing one of those moments right now, one of those moments where His love overwhelms you! I feel like I'm standing in a beautiful rainstorm of His love, holding out my hands and catching all the drops that I can as I let His love wash over me.

I just returned from a devotional where a group of college girls gathered to sing, fellowship, share, and pray with each other. As I walked home in the rain, I began to experience this feeling of awe in the presence of God. Not only was the singing beautiful, but the devotional message was just what I needed to hear, and the group of girls that I prayed with provided just the encouragement that I needed. I entered the time of devotion tonight with a burden on my heart, but I left dancing in the rain. I came worried about what God had in store for me during my first adventuresome year in college, but I left in a downpour of God's love. It's amazing to me how God knows what I need, and He gives it to me right when I need it. Tonight I needed a reminder from the rain that God's love is being poured down on me in measures that I can't begin to comprehend until I hold out my hands and catch a few drops.

God, I open my hands to your love tonight. You pour out your love in measures that I cannot fathom, and I spread my heart open to catch just a few drops to sustain me. Take away my anxieties, my fears, and anything that keeps me from opening up to your love. Wash me in your love-storm!

Comments