Mission-Minded

"He leadeth me, O blessed thought..."

The auditorium resonated with joyful singing at the Global Missions Conference in Ft. Worth this weekend. This room, filled with people of all ages with an interest in mission work, burst into an even more robust melody as we began the chorus.

"He leadeth me, He leadeth me,
by His own hand He leadeth me.
His faithful follower I will be
for by His hand He leadeth me."

I have never heard that song sung so enthusiastically, nor have I ever sung it so wholeheartedly. To know that every person singing it actually meant every word made it even more beautiful. As I looked around the room at former missionaries, current missionaries, families about to go into the field, and fellow college students interested in mission work, I felt the Spirit of the Lord and His encouragement as every heart committed to following God's leading.

Everything about the conference was wonderful, including the classes, keynote speakers, and exhibits. However, the best part of being there was being surrounded by likeminded people, people passionate about God's mission around the world. They are so passionate about missions that they want to be a part of it - right on the front lines, in the middle of it all. When we all gathered together, the energy was radiant, contagious, and unstoppable.

The theme of the conference, "Into the Heart of God", taught me that God's heart is for the world. He is a mission-minded God with a mission-minded Spirit whose purpose is to encourage a mission-minded church to raise up mission-minded followers - all so that whole world can know how great He is! We as followers of Jesus are called to imitate Him by being mission-minded.

This weekend, I caught that vision, and I pray that you will catch it, too. May we all discover through God's Word how much He loves the nations. As we seek to be like Him, may we become as mission-minded as He is.

All it takes is a heart willing to pray...
"His faithful follower I will be, for by His hand He leadeth me."

Comments