The Top Ten in Pictures

As this semster comes to a close, I just want to share with you the highlights of my school year in pictures.


Spending weekly time with my dear friend, Carolaina, has been such a blessing to me. This year, she has taught me how to sew (as you can see by my lovely apron that I made)! We have also cooked, gardened, and shopped together. 


 Getting involved with a community group at my church, Fellowship Bible Church, has been an important part of my life this year. We meet to eat, fellowship, study God's words, and encourage one another in the Lord. I have also been involved with the children's ministry and the worship team at Fellowship, both of which have been a blessing to me.



Of course spending time with friends is the best part of college to me. Some of my special memories include enjoying picnics, playing frisbee on the front lawn, or going out to dinner together. I have made many new relationships this year as well as strengthened old ones.


This past fall, I joined a girls' social club on campus called Chi Omega Pi. These girls mean so much to me. They have encouraged me, strengthened me, and deepened my faith in the Lord. I hope I have been a blessing to them as well.


This is my sister, Kaysi, and I at Heber Springs. God has done amazing things in the life of my sister this year as she has ventured into homeschooling for the first time as a freshman in high school. I have seen her grow into a beautiful young lady who also has a beautiful heart for God.


I had an amazing mission trip experience in Honduras this spring break that you can read more about in previous blog posts. The best part was simple meeting the people, hearing their stories, and loving on them in the name of Jesus.


I started my first nursing clinical this semester, which has taught me so much about what it means to truly care and serve a person for who they are, not just the disease or illness that they have. I learned that I have a lot to learn, but that I also have a lot to give. I can't wait to be a real nurse!


My girlfriends and I have a Valentine's Day tradition where we dress up and take each other out to dinner. It is a fun way to enjoy our singleness and celebrate our love relationships with the Lord.


And last but not least, the Passion Conference in Ft. Worth! This event fueled a passion in me that I didn't quite know was there. (See how excited we are in this picture?!) The Spirit of God is moving in our generation, and I want to be a part of that movemement. The conference helped me make a commitment to live passionately, speak boldly, and carry the name of Jesus wherever I go.

If I could put my finger on one important thing I have learned and experienced this semester, it is this: God is faithful. I understand what Ephesians 1:3 means when it says, "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ." My life is in no way perfect or easy, and this semester has definitely had its ups and downs. But I am choosing to focus on the highlights, and I am learning that spiritual blessings are my source of joy no matter what the surrounding circumstances may involve. And God has always been faithful to sustain me with every spiritual blessing in Christ.

Comments