Spring Sing

After months of late-night rehearsals, music lessons, and staging practice, the show finally comes to the audience this weekend. Costumes on, makeup lathered, and hair pulled back - it is finally time to perform! Spring Sing weekends brings a ton of people to Harding's campus to see the show, and with all the people comes a wave of excitement that you can hear, see, and feel everywhere around you. I sit here in my costume and makeup with songs from our show playing in my head over and over, just waiting for our final performance tonight. I can almost picture the audience, see the lights, hear the music, and feel the rythym under my feet. Spring Sing is an energetic show of singing, music, and dancing that brings life to the stage and smiles to the audience.

I have been so busy this weekend with performances that the spring literally "sprung up" on me! Surprise! The trees are lime green, the breeze is warm, the flowers are blooming, and the weather begs me to come outside and run around with bare feet in the soft grass. The colorful blooms on the red bud trees and the lime green leaves on all the trees caught my eye this morning for the first time, and I could have promised that it all happened overnight! Look up into the blue sky, feel the sun on your face, and listen to the birds chirp in the trees. You will hear the spring sing. All of creatioon joins in chorus this time of year in a beautiful spring song!

"Let the heavens rejoice, let the earth be glad;
let the sea resound, and all that is in it;
let the fields be jubilant, and everything in them.
Then all the trees of the forest will sing for joy;
they will sing before the Lord..."

"I will sing to the Lord all my life;
I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

(Psalm 96:11-13, 104:33)

Take part in the song of creation! Join in the spring sing! Let your voice be heard among all the green leaves, red buds, and blue birds as together we sing the joyful praise of the God who made it all. He is the song we sing, the God we praise, and the Father we love and adore. May His songs get stuck in your heart and His rythyms become natural beneath your feet.

Comments