Not Room Enough

I have officially found my favorite place in the world, and it happens to be in Searcy, Arkansas. Compared to other college towns, little Searcy does not have much to offer college students in the areas of recreation, fine dining, and quality entertainment. When it comes to college students hanging out off-campus, you have three options - the coffee shop, the park, or Wal-Mart. (Okay, I might be exagerrating a little bit, and I don't mean to give little Searcy a bad rap. She just doesn't quite compare to Nashville or New York City.) However, all of that just changed with the grand opening of Froyo's Self-Serve Frozen Yogurt Shop.

The buzz around campus was that a new ice cream place came to town, so of course some friends and I went to check it out last night. When I opened the front doors, I fell in love. You could probably hear the heavens singing the hallelujah chorus as my eyes scanned the colorful parlor. With mouth watering, I began the great adventure of creating my first cup of frozen yogurt at Froyo's.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with how Froyo's operates, allow me to explain. First, you pick your cup size. Then, you self-serve yourself by filling your cup with your choices of frozen yogurt. Tahitian vanilla, dutch chocolate, strawberry, orange sherbert, cheesecake, and peanut butter are a few of the delicious options that you can mix and match. Then, you arrive at the topping bar that is filled with candies, cookies, syrups, fruits, and an assortment of other toppings. Finally, you weigh your masterpiece and pay by the ounce. It's the best idea since sliced bread!

I filled half of my bowl with cheesecake and strawberry frozen yogurt and half with peanut butter. I filled that bowl to the brim! (After all, it is frozen yogurt which means it is healthier, so you can get away with eating a ton!) That topping bar looked a mile long to me, and the options were endless! I poured fresh strawberries and crumbled vanilla wafers on top of my strawberry/cheesecake mix. I also topped the peanut butter half of my bowl with hot fudge, fudge brownie, and Reeses cups. (Well, so much for healthy!) Is your mouth watering yet? Once my bowl literally was overflowing and could not possibly hold anything else, my creation was finally complete.

As an ice-cream lover, I give Froyo's a huge thumbs up. My tummy has never been happier and my smile has never been bigger than when I tasted that first bite of deliciousness. I am already planning my next visit, including all the new combinations I am going to try. I have been telling everyone how delicious it is, and I just cannot seem to get it out of my mind. I kept thinking that the whole thing must be too good to be true! The more I thought about it, the more I thought about this verse from Malachi 3:10.

"Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. 'Test me in this,' says the LORD Almighty, 'and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that your won't have room enough for it.'"

It might be a little silly that a bowl of ice cream reminded me of this verse, or it might be an example of how you can see something more in the small things of life. Bring God your best offering - your heart and your life - and He will pour out so much blessing on you that your bowl cannot hold it all! God's blessing is so abundant that you probably won't be able to stop thinking, talking, and boasting about it. It will certainly keep you coming back for more!

Comments