My Favorite Shoes

When my white pair of Toms Shoes were delivered to me a few days ago, I couldn't wait to break out the pens and paints and get to work. Although I have never considered shoes to be a canvas, there is a first time for everything! What started out as a pair of ordinary blank white shoes became a colorful testimony to anyone who looks at my feet.

Today, my feet are bright green billboard. They declare my favorite Scripture from John 10:10. "I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." In the context of John 10, Jesus tells us that He is the good shepherd who came to give us life to the full. On the heel of each shoe is a little lamb to remind me of this passage. Strecthing across both feet is a tree, representing the full and fruitful life that Christ gives us. "He is like a tree planted by streams of water which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither." (Psalm 1:3)

I cannot wait for the moment when someone will say to me, "Hey, cool shoes!" Then I can embrace the opportunity to explain to them what they mean to me! May these shoes not only remind me of the full life that Christ gives, but may they also serve as an opportunity to speak out to others about my faith. May not only my shoes shout this message, but every step I take as well.

Comments

  1. Hey, cool shoes! I may have to have you make me some...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment