Slow My Steps

I woke up this morning and confessed to the Lord, "I don't know what to do today. I literally have nothing I have to do." 

So I spent the morning in his presence - in prayer, Bible reading, meditation and silence, plus some personal worship time on the guitar and piano. Just lingering. Allowing it all to take as much time as possible. 

In the afternoon, I went on a walk and talked to him some more. "Lord, on days like these, I don't feel like I accomplish very much."

"Yes, but I do," he seemed to reply like a gentle whisper to my soul, like a thought or a word that came from somewhere beyond my own inclinations. 

"I'm just not doing very much," I said with a hint of regret and restlessness. 

"But I am," came his soft reply. 

I smiled and knew it was true. I slowed down my steps, which are habitually accustomed to always being in a hurry. 

It is on the days when I do the least that the Lord does the most. 

Comments