Passion Highlights

After arriving home and pouring over my notes from Passion this year, these one-liners made "highlight" status in my journal. I attributed them to certain speakers, but they are certainly my paraphrases and not direct quotes. I thought I would share them with you, hoping that you may find some word for your heart and journey.

For I will take you out of the nations; I will gather you from all the countries and bring you back into your own land. I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols. I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.
- Ezekiel 36:24-27

God wants to do more with my life than I could ever ask or imagine (Ephesians 3:20-21). Trade in little dreams for "immeasurably more". - Louis Giglio

What is the difference between what I am aiming for that is measurable versus what God wants me to imagine that is immeasurable? - Clay Scroggins

The most powerful version of you is a you fully convinced of God's love for you. - Clay Scroggins

Your identity directs your activity. - Clay Scroggins

God's love must inflate our hearts like a hot air balloon until it lifts us off the ground. - Clay Scroggins

God struck me with an astonishment at His Word, and I haven't gotten over it. - Beth Moore

"This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it." (Psalm 118) When people ask you how you are doing, don't say "I'm good". Say, "I'm glad." This begs for an explanation, which gives an opportunity to share Jesus. Good is a condition; glad is an emotion. - Beth Moore

God is faithful and His promises can be trusted. - Francis Chan

I don't want to look relaxed. I want to look like I've been through a war..." (for the cause of Christ) - Francis Chan

If you really want to experience God, go and make disciples. - Francis Chan

Our actions never change God's character. - Francis Chan

The great news of the gospel is that there is nothing bewteen you and God.

God is singular in character, but plural in persons. - Judah Smith

What is man's all? To reflect the image of God. Since God is community in and of Himself through the trinity, it is impossible to reflect His image alone. - Judah Smith

The Bible is not a collection of moral guidelines, it is a story about Jesus. In the same way, the church is not a collection of disciplined people following a moral code, but a living community that loves Jesus. This is what brings and keeps the church together. It is what should set us apart from other types of communtities.

The infinite worth of Jesus. - John Piper

The universe exists for the glory of God in the admiration of His people. - John Piper

Our worship is the subjective echo of His objective worth. - John Piper

Admiration is the rarest and highest of pleasures. - John Piper

In heaven, there will be no obstacle to the intensity of joy in Jesus. Heaven will hold an abundance of new outlets to express admiration to God. - John Piper

This foundation in the gladhearted admiration in the excellence of Jesus not only enables us to endure, but also to embrace suffering. - John Piper

The pattern of embracing suffering from Hebrews (10:32-35; 11:24-26; 12:1-2) is as follows: 1) a heart joyfully treasuring the promised reward of heaven 2) Soul satisfaction in the promise of a Christ-filled future frees you from self-protecting fear 3) loving acts of service are the fruit of fearless love
- John Piper

The hand of the Lord was upon me, and he brought me out by the Spirit of the Lord and set me in the middle of a valley; it was full of bones. He led me back and forth among them, and I saw a great many bones on the floor of the valley, bones that were very dry. He asked me, “Son of man, can these bones live?” I said, “O Sovereign Lord, you alone know.” Then he said to me, “Prophesy to these bones and say to them, ‘Dry bones, hear the word of the Lord! This is what the Sovereign Lord says to these bones: I will make breath enter you, and you will come to life. I will attach tendons to you and make flesh come upon you and cover you with skin; I will put breath in you, and you will come to life. Then you will know that I am the Lord.’” So I prophesied as I was commanded. And as I was prophesying, there was a noise, a rattling sound, and the bones came together, bone to bone. I looked, and tendons and flesh appeared on them and skin covered them, but there was no breath in them. Then he said to me, “Prophesy to the breath; prophesy, son of man, and say to it, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe into these slain, that they may live.’” So I prophesied as he commanded me, and breath entered them; they came to life and stood up on their feet—a vast army.
- Ezekiel 37:1-10

Everything can come together, but there must be breath for there to be life. - Louis Giglio

God is bringing us to stand on our feet as an army. - Louis Giglio

This is our testimony, that which we must proclaim: I was dead and now I am alive! - Louis Giglio

Worship is when we give God His breath back. - Louis Giglio

My life has one singular legacy: God has made me alive. My breath is all for the glory of God. - Louis Giglio





Comments