To Whom It Belongs

As I look back over this semester, I am overwhelmed when I think about how far I have come. Not only did I survive my first semester of nursing school, but I feel as though I have grown immensely in almost every aspect of my life. My experiences this semester have deepened my relationships, broadened my knowledge, and expanded my experiences. These past few months have tested my emotions, changed my thinking and attitudes, and influenced my behavior and worldview. Most of all, these elements combined have and strengthened my faith, fueled my passion, and grown my relationship with the Lord.

When I think about all the difficult and yet wonderful things I have experienced this semester, I claim no merit or tribute whatsoever. I accept no praise or reward because I know that there is only one person that made it possible, and it is to Him I give all the credit. Should one person be recognized and acclaimed, it is He. Only one deserves the honor, and He deserves every last drop of it. For without Him, I am totally incapable, inadequate, and insufficient. I accomplished nothing this semester without Him. I gained nothing apart from Him. I shout out to Him because I want to give the glory to whom it belongs - not I, but the One who holds everything together.

To Him through whom and by whom and for whom all things were created, who is before all things and who holds all things together... (Colossians 1:16-17)

To Him who rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son He loves, in whom we have redemption and the forgiveness of sins... (Colossians 1:13-14)

To Him who is so great that everything else is a loss compared to the supassing greatness of knowing Him... (Philippians 3:8)

To Him who demonstrated His love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners, who offers grace and salvation apart from the law and through faith in Jesus Christ... (Romans 5:8, 3:22)

To Him who pours out His Spirit without limit... (John 3:34)

To Him who is the source, who is my fountain... (Psalm 87:7)

To Him alone who is my rock and my salvation, my soul's rest and salvation...to Him who sustains me and keeps me from being shaken... (Psalm 62:1-2)

To Him who answers us with awesome deeds of righteousness and offers hope to the all the ends of the earth... (Psalm 65:5)

To Him who lavishes His love and calls us sons and daughters... (1 John 3:1)

To Him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and power and glory for ever and ever! (Revelation 5:13)

Comments

  1. I'm so thankful to Him for His sustaining power to uphold you through this tough semester! I'm so very pleased that you depend on Him and love Him so!

    I love you,
    xoxmom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment