Feel the Beat

Thousands of people gathered in one place for one purpose: to lift up a shout of praise and a song of joy to the Lord. I am so thankful that WinterJam came to Little Rock and that I had the opportunity to go with some of my fellow Christian-music-loving friends. Even though we sat four rows from the back in the upper bowl of the arena, we still had a wonderful worship experience. In fact, sitting at the very back allowed me to get an aerial view of the thousands of people waving their arms, lifting their hands, and bursting into applause at the name of our God.

I can still feel the floor throbbing and my heart beating to the rhythm of the bass as David Crowder band sang "How He Loves." I can still see the the thousands of hands raised as voices joined the Newsboys in singing, "All God's people singing glory, glory, hallelujah, He reigns!"

I just love Christians music and the messages of hope, truth, and encouragement that it speaks to my heart. And I loved being in one place with a crowd of people who love to celebrate the Lord through Christian music! The arena practically burst with energy, excitement, and praise.

I couldn't believe that we were there for five hours and heard ten Christians artists (all for ten dollars by the way).  It was just too good to be true! When it was time to leave, I bounced out of that arena with the bass still beating in my chest and the melody still ringing in my ears. I could hardly go to sleep when I finally crawled into bed at midnight because of the excitement still throbbing in my heart.

Concerts are not just exciting to me because the volume is loud and the crowds are energetic, although I do love that part. It is not just about feeling the beat in my chest because the sound system is so magnified. The most exciting part about Christian concerts is being in one place with likeminded people who love to celebrate Jesus and lift their hands and voices to Him in song. It is all about feeling that kind of love and passion beat loudly in my chest. I want to keep that beat going through every day of my life, and may it beat so loudly that the people around me can feel the bass in their chests, too.

Comments