Every Footstep

I'm almost bursting with excitement for the Israelites as I read the first chapter in Joshua. As I have studied their story this year, it has become so real to me that I feel as if I have practically traveled with them from Egypt to the mountain of God and into the desert. Now, as I read the first chapter in Joshua, the Promised Land is visible on the horizon, and I can almost feel the throbbing excitement of the Israelites as they are about to claim God's promise that has been waiting for them for a long, long time.

As God appoints Joshua to lead the people into the land, He makes a promise I had never noticed before:

"I will give you every place where you step your foot." (Joshua 1:3)

Picture the feet of thousands of Israelites marching boldly into the Promised Land. Every step claims a promise. Every footprint marks victory. Every step is a gift from God, given to them in His mercy and love.

I want my footsteps to be victorious and meaningful like that. My feet travel a lot of ground during each day, each week, each month. But these steps do not have to be meaningless or mundane. I believe God's promise to the Israelites applies to you and me.

"I will give you every place where you step your foot."

Every place we step our feet can be a holy place. Everywhere we go, we can claim God's promises and walk in them boldly. Let's live as though each step is given to us by God. Let's make each step be a meaningful and purposeful move in His direction. And may we leave footprints that testify to God's faithfulness and greatness.

Comments