Stories Worth Sharing

"You know what I think heaven will be like?" my friend asked me as we were walking back to the dorm after going to church together. We had just finished hearing a powerful testimony from a man who found God as the source of His healing and redemption. "I think everyone will get to share their personal testimonies and stories about how awesome God is."

I smiled in agreement because we both had been touched by the testimony of the speaker that morning. My mind flashed back to the past Saturday night after dinner when I met with two friends at a coffee shop. For an hour and a half, our entire conversation centered around the Lord and how He had been working in our lives. We shared story after story about how wonderful and faithful He is, even in the most difficult trials. Our time together was full of smiles, laughter, and joy at who God is and what He does. Maybe heaven will be a little bit like that, too, I thought to myself.

There is nothing as motivating, inspiring, and stirring as a personal testimony to the goodness of God. But why wait until heaven to share it? I do believe heaven will be a place where we will meet all our brothers and sisters in Christ and share stories with one another about the glory of God. But at the same time, I believe that we are called to bring a little piece of that heaven down to this earth.

We all have a testimony or "God-story" about how the Lord has been active in our lives. Sometimes it is the story of conversion, struggle, or victory. And sometimes, it is just a story about how God worked in your life in some small way yesterday. No matter how simple or profound it may be, it is worth sharing!

Your story is powerful enough to bring joy and life to others because God Himself is the author of that work. When we all begin to share our stories openly and frequently, we will experience great joy and encouragement - and possibly a little piece of heaven on earth.

Comments