Source of Strength

When everything seems to be going smoothly, thats when it hits. Stress. Last weekend, my first weekend in the dorms, was smooth sailing as I got to sleep in, catch up with friends, eat long meals, and play games. Then Monday came and BOOM - the stress hit like a hurricane.

First, I realized why people wrinkle their brows and say, "Oh, I'm sorry" when I tell them I am taking eighteen hours. I have fifteen of those eighteen hours on Monday, and my to-do list was already a mile long after going to class from 8:00 to 5:30. Then, I received a call from a publisher, talking to me about potentially helping me self-publish my book. But the cost is quite an investment, so I began to plan how I could raise the money. All of these events turned my "mundane Monday" into a "maniac Monday." I am in no way complaining because I love all of my classes and am unbelievably excited about the possibitliy of publishing and working to raise funds, but all the excitement made my thought process sound like this:

Okay, so I already have a paper due on Friday, but I can write that on Thursday because I need to read chapter one by tomorrow...but I also have to register for that online classroom and figure out how to exchange my book because I bought the wrong textbook...and oh I can't forget to go over that syllabus for the quiz on Wednesday, which is the same class that I have to complete 12 hours of service by next month, so what am I going to do for that? Oh yeah, and I have to register for that seminar in September because it is a requirement in another class...so how am I going to do all this while trying to publish a book? I guess I need to get a job, and I heard about an opening, but when will I have time to work and do all this homework and publish a book?

My thoughts ran one thousand miles an hour all day long. Finally, I think my brain grew exhausted from thinking and I crashed. The only way I knew to get the elephant trampede out of my thought processes was to open up my Bible in the quietness of the dorm. God showed me a simple verse, but it was just what I needed to hear.

"He will be a source of strength." (Isaiah 28:6)

I still have a lot on my plate and a lot of things on my mind, but I am no longer stressed about it. God promises to be our source of strength, so I believe that He will provide me with the energy, time, resources, and even funds to do what He calls me to do.

This time of the year is really busy not just for me, but for many of us. I just want to encourage you by reminding you that God will be your "source of strength." Let's trust Him with the things that run through our heads all day, and lets surrender our stresses to His control. Then, we can watch Him demonstrate how faithful and providing He is!

Comments