God Speaks On Skype

I logged onto my computer in order to distract my mind from what was really on my heart. I had been holding in emotions all day long, but I pushed them deeper inside as I occupied my mind with the computer screen. In the bottom right corner, a little orange bubble popped up announcing that one of my close friends was on Skype. (Skype is kind of like a telephone on the computer.) I hadn't talked to him in a while, so I called and he answered.

It was just an ordinary conversation, but God knew it was just what I needed. He just happened to ask how I was doing, and all the things that I had been dying to talk about came rushing out of my mouth. After both of us opened up with each other, we began to pray together...and God joined us on Skype. Through the heartfelt words and cries of our prayers, I knew that God was listening and speaking words of encouragement to us through each other.

Skype may be an ordinary thing, but God allowed me to see something more through it. No conversation is meaningless; every word spoken can be a blessing. Tonight, after hearing God speak through Skype, I am reminded that God's voice is omnipresent and omnipotent. I am challenged to let every word I speak be full of salt and light because God can speak encouragement and truth into people's lives through ordinary conversations.

Thank you, God, for speaking to me through Skype right when I needed it most. Help me to speak words of truth to others in all my conversations. Help us all to know who needs a word of love or a prayer, and help us to be there to give it.

Comments