The New Look

With my first year of college behind me and some pretty extraordinary summer adventures ahead of me, I felt like this blog needed a little makeover. The new look is a small representation of the new season of my life now that I am away from school and back at home. It feels strange to not wake up to an alarm, to not say good morning to my suitemates, and to not eat dinner with the people that I have been living with the past nine months. It feels even more strange to have nothing to do - no homework, no classes, no papers to write or books to read. That's why this summer is a new season, a fresh start, and an opportunity to meet God in someplace new. Although right now it seems odd to be in a different environment with a different schedule, I know that God is active in "such a time as this."

This summer is bursting at the seams with excitement and anticipation for the adventures that lie just around the next bend in the road.Over the next few weeks, I hope to be able to share some amazing "God stories" as I venture to North Carolina for a writers' conference, to Nicaragua for a summer internship with Mision Para Cristo, and to Dauphin island with my family that I love so much! Although there is no way for me to know or comprehend what God has in store for me as I travel this summer, I know that it will be good. And I have a feeling that He will exceed my expectations. Whatever He wants for me, I will wholeheartedly accept with joy and obedience. However He wants to use me, I will willingly obey and follow. Brandon Heath's song comes to mind as I sing, "Give me your eyes." Give me your eyes, your heart, and your hands, Father. Each day point out the path for me to take, and I will obey.

As God unfolds His plan for me this summer, I will share it with you through these simple pages. Whenever He reveals Himself, I promise to tell you all about it. Whatever He teaches me, I will pass on to you. As we all journey from place to place this summer, may each one of us come to know God more as He opens our eyes to see something more.

Comments