Seven Years

Today was my seventh birthday! I may really be eighteen years old, but today I celebrate seven years in my relationship with the Lord. Actually, it would probably be just as accurate to say that today is also my anniversary. I may have never had a boyfriend, but today I celebrate seven years of spiritual marriage to my Jesus!

February 23, 2003 marked a significant day in my journey with the Lord. On that Sunday evening seven years ago, I proclaimed to the world who I was going to live for, and I gave my life to Christ through baptism! It has been very special and meaningful for me today to reflect on the past seven years of my walk with the Lord, remembering the spiritual mileposts and praising God for all the things He has taught me, shown me, and done in me.


Today has been a wonderful birthday! I got a letter in the mail, two birthday e-cards from my mom and aunt, several text messages from friends, and a free stack of pancakes from IHOP. (Okay, they were actually celebrating national pancake day, but I'd rather think that they were celebrating with me on my birthday.) But what is really so special about this day is not any of that, nor is it anything that I ever did. It is all because of what God has done. I celebrate this day not because of any decision I made, but because of the greatest gift that God ever gave. And the more I think about it, the more I should celebrate...not just today, but every day!


Thank you, Jesus, for choosing me, drawing me, accepting me, and saving me. Thank you so much for your wonderful gift of redemption. Happy anniversary, my savior and best friend! I celebrate your gracious gift of eternal life. I rejoice in the precious gift of your Holy Spirit. I thank you for walking with me these seven years. You have taught me and molded me in so many wonderful ways. I can't wait to see what you will do next!
All my love,
Ashli

Comments