Bury the Seed

On one Tuesday, I was tired of thinking and praying about the decision. I was tired of mulling over everything again and again in my head and then carrying that stress in my heart. It felt like I was overthinking things. God revealed to me that it was time to bury the seed. 

Planting a seed is a burial. In the darkness, God covers and protects it. In the silence, he speaks life into it. In the stillness, he brings forth something new and alive. 

“The Next Right Thing” put it this way: 

Plant something and see what grows. 

In an act of surrender and with the hope of a gardener, I buried the seed of my decision. It was a small death, a letting go of the need to know. 

“Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit.”
Jesus, John 12:24

Comments