Burkina Bash

After a night shift at the hospital, I usually come home, throw my scrubs in the laundry basket, crawl in my bed, and crash. This particular morning should have been no different, especially since I had just worked three in a row, but I had something very special on my mind that kept me from falling asleep instantly.

It is like those nights before a long awaited vacation or like Christmas Eve for a child - I just couldn't fall asleep, and then I kept waking up with thoughts and ideas. 

It was the day of my Burkina bash! 

At 5:50pm the tables were set up, the food was hot and ready, the PowerPoint was playing, and I was pacing because the only thing left to do was wait for the guests to arrive! 

With every person that walked through the door, the room seemed to get warmer and bigger. Soon the conversations began, the laughter grew, and any nervousness fluttered away as I watched people connect and reconnect. 

We ate a big pasta dinner and washed it down with coffee and brownies before I began my presentation. I shared a little bit about Burkina Faso, my future home in the village, and the team I will be joining. I showed pictures and shared stories from this years' survey trip. We celebrated what God is already doing in Burkina and then dreamed about my future role on the team.



I would like to give a huge, heartfelt thank you to those of you who came out Saturday night. Your presence, interest in my vision, and investment in my life means the world to me. I had a blast spending the evening with you, and I hope that you, too, were blessed with a full stomach and a full heart. 

Even if you were unable to attend, you are invited to stay connected and be a part of what God is doing in Burkina Faso, in me, and in my team. This kind of stuff - like moving to Africa - does not happen without people like you. Period. Thank you. Thank you for supporting, thank you for praying, and thank you for giving. 

I can sleep well tonight (or today for that matter), knowing that God is faithful, his people are praying, and Burkina is waiting. He is faithfully at work in the lives of his people here in the United States and across the world in Africa. He is faithfully providing a way for me to get to Burkina Faso, and he is faithfully giving me strength, encouragement, and support through people like you. 

To stay connected and involved in this mission and ministry, comment below or message me to get added to a supporters email list. 

Comments