So Much For Five Year Plans

At this time of year five years ago - when I was beginning my senior year of high school - I was in the immediate wake of my battle with an eating disorder. After nine months of treatment, I had just been released from the clinic because I had regained my health and claimed victory through Christ over an eating disorder.

Were you to talk to me at that time and explain to me the path on which God was going to take me over the next few years, my mouth would have dropped open in disbelief. At the time, I was still shaken by the waves of my eating disorder. I was still searching for meaning and purpose through it all.

Now, five years later, God has taken my little story and my shy personality, and He has transformed it into a testimony that I can boldly share with others. I have seen God strengthen and encourage others through my own personal struggle. I have watched Him write even more chapters of my story as I wrote and published my book, Boundless: Discovering God In Your Eating Disorder.

Now, five years later, I realize that God is still writing that story. I have a sneaking suspicion that He will continue to open even more doors for story-sharing and ministry such as this: a link to my first radio interview.

www.artistfirst2.com/ArtistFirst_Janet_Perez_Eckles_2013-08-26.mp3
(On August 26, I was the second guest on Janet Eckles' Inspirational Hour radio show on Artist First)

Five years ago, I had no idea what amazing things God would do through my eating disorder, how He would soften my heart, and how He would use my testimony to encourage others. Today, I am overwhelmed with gratitude and anticipation for what the next five years will hold.

So much for "Five Year Plans". I would rather be surprised!

Comments

Post a Comment