My Favorite Things About Club Week

This week has probably been the craziest week of my life for a number of reasons. I have dated approximately 112 boys this week and given my phone number to at least fifty. I have sang to a boy I did not know in the student center. I participated in my first food fight, which was a combination of mustard, cottage cheese, baked beans, corn, and rice. I dressed like an absolute fool in all pink and green clothes, and loved every minute of it! I eat dinner at 1:15 AM, and I run around all of campus like a maniac from 8:00 in the morning until 11:55 in the evening. I have even written love letters to people I don't know. These are the joys of pledging a club, and I joyfully do it for Chi Omega Pi!

Although there are some pretty crazy things about club week, there are so many parallels to our faith. Just like I do all these crazy things to bear the name of Chi Omega Pi, so we are called as Christians to be crazy for the name of Jesus Christ. Just like we ladies of Chi Omega Pi shout our chant as we march around campus, so we Christians shout the praises of our Lord wherever we go. The week has been tiring and difficult, but my pledge sisters and I have learned to rely on each other, work as a team, and encourage one another with all our strength. When we lean on one another fully, we all stand strong, just like in the kingdom of God. And just like our club requires us to talk to boys and get signatures from people in other clubs, so our Christian faith requires us to step outside our small circle of comfort to get to know people, spread the knowledge of our faith, and ultimately to touch them with the love of Christ.

So even though club week is ridiculous and exhausting, I have learned much about the body of Christ and the walk of our faith. I have learned that we need community to make it through the most difficult time. I have also realized that I not only wear the colors of Chi Omega Pi to represent where I belong, but more importantly I bear the signature of Jesus Christ, so that people may see me and know that I belong to Jesus Christ. May my craziness for the Lord not only mark who I am, but also convince others that loving and following Him is what brings life to the full!

Comments