Into Hands and Hearts

"Being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6

This is the promise that comes to mind when I think about what God has done for me. Five years ago, when I was diagnosed with an eating disorder, this promise would have been so vague that I would not have believed it. Looking back, now I see God's master design over this timeline of the past five years.

I recognize that He knew the day of my diagnosis, the day of my liberation, and the day of my publication (which was Thanksgiving day!) all along. I don't consider my story and the book it has become to be my story at all. I really don't feel like a writer, but God is an excellent author. This is His story, and I am proud to share it.


Boundless tells the story of my battle with an eating disorder and the power of the God who is able to bring about deliverance. It includes a 30-day Bible Study for young women with eating disorders that encourages them to feast on God’s Word daily to find hope and healing in the name of Jesus Christ. Each devotional focuses on either an attribute of God or an emotion associated with an eating disorder. The devotionals focus on a key passage of Scripture that is followed by questions, additional Scriptures, a journal and prayer space, and a challenge. By diving into God’s Word on a daily basis, readers will discover God’s presence in the midst of their battles. 


I ask a favor: Please think about who you know that would benefit from having this book in their hands. Maybe you have a friend with an eating disorder, or you might know someone who has a family member with one. You may know a doctor, nurse, clinician, or counselor who works with eating disorders. Even your church library, local Christian bookstore, or youth minister might like to have one. And since it is almost Christmas, consider adding this book to your wish list!

Boundless is available to order on Amazon and Barnes and Noble online. In a few weeks, I will also have some copies in my own hands.

I used to be ashamed of my eating disorder, but now I am wanting the world to know! And it is not because of my own triumph, but because of the incredible rescue of the Lord. This same delivering power and extraordinary hope is available to everyone who puts their trust in Jesus, so please join me in praying for my book and its readers. Pray that Boundless will get into the hands of those who need it and that Christ will get into their hearts. And then please help me spread the word!

Comments