Psalm 105

"Give thanks to the Lord, call on His name; make known among the nations what He has done. Sing to Him, sing praise to Him; tell of all His wonderful acts. Glory in His holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice. Look to the Lord and His strength; seek His face always. Remember the wonders He has done, His miracles, and the judgments He pronounced."

I used to read "remember the wonders He has done, His miracles..." and think about the parting of the Red Sea and the feeding of the five thousand and the single stone that killed a giant. But now, this Psalm has a totally new meaning for me after I have been to Tanzania and back. I have seen miracles personally, and I never want to forget them.

Because of this, I rewrote Psalm 105 in my own words, telling my own recount of God's miracles that I have seen. Just like Psalm 105 tells the story of the Israelites and God's miraculous interventions along the way, so my Psalm tells the story of God's miraculous interventions in Africa. I encourage you, too, to read Psalm 105 and then rewrite it in your own words. For we are so easy to forget everything that God has done for us. "Remember the wonders He has done, His miracles..."

Psalm 105

"I thank the Lord and shout His name. I want to tell the nations how good He is. I will sing and speak of everything He has done. He leaves me in awe; I rejoice wholeheartedly. I will always come to Him and search for Him in everything.

Remember the wonders He has done, His miracles, and the judgments He pronounced."

He hand-picked and prepared a team of seventeen to work excellently together, and He deepened their relationships with one another. He opened their eyes and widened their hearts to see Him at work and join Him in His healing ministry.

He opened the eyes of Antike and the scales fell off so that he could finally see again.

He spared the life of Luja and provided her with blood when she needed it most.

He brought babies into the world at their time, filling thier lungs with breath before our very eyes.

He miraculously rescued a dehydrated baby on the brink of death. Though we thought his time was short and their was nothing we could do, the Lord reached down to save.

He saved Ruth when no one thought she would make it. She looked desperate, and the Lord was her support.

After the removal of one woman's necrotic bowel, we were told, "She will not make it." But against all odds, God brought her bowel back to life after two days.

In His grace, perfect timing, and holy foreknowledge, He took life away when He knew better than we.

He regenerated skin that had been burned away by fire. Out of the ashes, He made something new.

He made Nazifa smile when she had been in pain. He gave Odakis, Jeremiah, and their families laughter.

He is the joy in a new mother's face and the tear in a lonely loved one's eye.

He created the Tanzanian people and their culture to express a piece of His heart. He showed us His handiwork and allowed it to steal a piece of our hearts.

He gives us each new experience to prepare and equip us for the message that must be shared. He calls us all to be missionaries."

Comments