I'm Thankful

Three cities. Three weeks. And about ten times that many Starbucks visits.

Since arriving to the United States three weeks ago, I have actually accomplished all the visiting, reporting, and furlough-related tasks that I set out to do. It's been jam-packed, fast-paced, and honestly quite exhausting yet incredibly good.

So here is another big thank you to everyone who came to one of either supporter dinners. Thank you to Searcy's Fellowship Bible Church and Russellville's West Side Church of Christ for their hospitality and generosity. Thank you to everyone who joined me for dinner or coffee and listened to me tell stories. Thank you to those who let me sleep in their beds or drive their cars. Thanks for the sunrise pinnacle climb, bike rides, sleepovers, walks in the park, and prayers. Every moment mattered.

Next to being in Africa, talking about it is my next favorite thing. Thank you for listening.

For the past three weeks, I've been a reporter. A story teller. I think it's important to remember how global God is, especially when we get so easily caught up in our little corner of the world (me included). Perhaps we need the stories to serve as reminders of how God is at work beyond just what is familiar to us. He is building his kingdom and writing stories in the lives of His people all around the world.

I hope these stories - whether you hear them from my own mouth or read about them here - inspire you and open your eyes to see something more. To see God more. To worship and thank him just a little bit more.

As you sit around the table this thanksgiving with family and friends, would you think beyond just your material blessings and your best memories of this year? Take a moment to think about God and his work in the world, and take a moment to explain to your family how our great big global God is touching the most distant nations and unreached peoples with his glory, gospel, and grace. You can even mention Burkina Faso. I know I will!

Comments